Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday - August 1st

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for another Five for Friday!
I know we are all kicking and screaming that it is already August!! There is so much to prepare for back to school, it is overwhelming! I posted a free set of Welcome Postcards! I hope they save someone some time. My kiddos LOVE getting mail from the teacher! 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Welcome-Back-to-School-Postcards-for-Students-Freebie-1354772
I made them for preschool-4th grade. There is an optional back side, just in case you don't want a plain back. They say, "Welcome to (grade)! You are a perfect fit for our class!"
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Welcome-Back-to-School-Postcards-for-Students-Freebie-1354772
Go scoop up your free copy! I appreciate your feedback!
I found a van! It isn't the one that I went to test drive, it is better! It is a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country in perfect condition with only 20K miles on it. It is the same as the rental I've been driving the past week, even has the rear back up camera! <3 I am supposed to sign the papers TODAY, but I'm still waiting on the check from the insurance company that was supposed to be here yesterday. Fingers crossed it gets here in time!
My friend Susan came over to help me organize my library! I had books all over the floor of my office and a ton of new books that needed sorting into the correct bins. We knocked it out in a few hours. She is awesome, love her! Go check out her blog about life in Kindergarten , Caterpillar Wings! Here is one of my book piles. There are normally several of these around my house at any given time. I buy so many books every month (mostly at Goodwill and the library sale room), that it can be hard to keep up with scanning them in my online library, putting their stickers on, and sorting them into the correct bins. I'm a proud bibliophile! 
I realized that we only have 3 weeks left of my summer reading club! We meet at the library every Monday to get new books for the week, talk about our reading, and visit with friends! It has been so much fun and the kids have really seemed to enjoy it! Anything to get them excited about reading all summer long!!! I designed the certificates I'm going to give the kids that participated. I will print them on bright cardstock. I've been debating on whether or not I should make this into a freebie for TpT. I could remove the "summer reading club" and perhaps someone could use it. Or I could make a general reading award set. I'm thinking about it! Let me know if it is something you would want!
 
I enjoyed my time alone with this sweet girl! We love to turn up Pandora and dance around the living room, instant dance party! 
My other three kids are in Virginia with their dad and it feels like they have been gone forever!!! I want them home already!! Although, it will be hard to adjust to cooking again. I have been living on Peanut Butter Captain Crunch since they have been gone. Shhh, don't tell my kids! I would never let them have that junk; I'm such a hypocrite! I have to finish up all the junk food in the house before they get home. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by to get the scoop on my week!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacia!!! This is my first time on your blog...It is DARLING! :) I can't wait to check your "Welcome Back" postcards! Have a great weekend!!! :)

    Aynsley

    Mrs. Patton’s Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aynsley, Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet words! Megan with A Bird In Hand Designs did my blog and I absolutely love it! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Stacia your blog is gorgeous! I'm in Australia so we are half way through our school year at the moment. Enjoy your last few weeks of holidays :) New follower!

    Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

    ReplyDelete