Friday, July 18, 2014

My crazy night!

I have an excellent reason for not linking up with Doodle Bugs for my Five for Friday today! 

I was too busy sitting on the side of the Beltway. For two hours. As all three lanes were blocked. During rush hour. With my five year old. Surrounded by police and wreckers. Yeah, I'm sure you can imagine how wonderful it was! 

A guy wasn't watching that traffic had slowed and he plowed right into us! Luckily, praise God, my other kids were not with us, because they sit in the third row and would have been hurt. I was able to swerve left and avoid hitting the car in front of me. God is good! Jillian and I are ok! I have some back pain and my legs are bruised from hitting the console, but we are fine! 

I was too shocked, busy consoling Jilly, and making phone calls to 911 and my insurance company, that I forgot to take a picture of the scene. 

Here we are sitting in a wrecker while they tried to pull the truck out of my van. Yes, his truck was stuck in my van! See any cars going by? Nope, all lanes were blocked. I felt so sorry for all those stuck in traffic behind us!!! They ended up towing my van off the road with his truck dragging behind. It took them almost TWO HOURS to pry it out. 

Jillian was a trooper! No crying, no complaining about being hungry (even though it was way past dinner time), and she needed to go potty but was able to hold it for hours. I was so proud of her! Love that girl! I owe her some ice cream. 

Here is the aftermath. My poor van. It has held up for 10 years, through thick and thin, took the abuse of four kids plus a mom that is horrible at maintenance, driven all over the U.S. several times over, just to be brought low by an idiot not paying attention. 

Farewell, my van, you served us well!

The tow guy said it would probably be totaled, b/c it is old and has 100,000 miles on it. We'll see what insurance says...Say a prayer for me! I really can't afford to take on a car payment right now, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. 

I had just bought some turquoise baskets at the dollar store and they were in the trunk. I was going to include my turquoise finds of the week in my Five for Friday post. I hope they are ok. Seriously though, do you know how hard it is to find turquoise baskets? It is sooo wrong that I'm thinking about my baskets at a time like this! I have issues!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment